Saturday, November 14, 2009

Why would my fine, stick-straight hair suddenly start growing in curly in several odd spots?

It's always had one small curly spot near my neckline but stick-straight everywhere else. Until about 6 yrs ago, I kept it shorter than chin length and permed. Then I went to a bob, no longer than chin length and no perms at all. Now, for the first time in my life (and I'm well over 40), it's past my shoulders.



Generally I wear it pulled back in a safe headband or thick, stretchy ponytail holder. It's fine and tangles easily so I sleep with it in a soft pony holder too. I don't pull it back too tightly.



I've used heat on my hair to dry or curl it 5 times in the past 1.5 yrs...I prefer to let it air dry and sometimes put old-timey plastic rollers in the ends to tame them. I use good shampoos and conditioners but do not shampoo every day. I have no gray hair at all.



A few months ago, I noticed that there are several spots that are growing in with a fairly tight curl in the root area. Why? Will it get curly all over eventually?



Why would my fine, stick-straight hair suddenly start growing in curly in several odd spots?

Hormones can do this. Did you have a baby? Also, our bodies change about every 7 yrs.



Why would my fine, stick-straight hair suddenly start growing in curly in several odd spots?

because u get older..usually when ur a kid u have straight hair ..and then when ur like 12 or older it changes..hormones i guess

No comments:

Post a Comment