Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hair color question?

I have been wanting to go goldish blonde for a while now. Right now I have blonde highlights over my naturally brown hair, besides the highlights, the rest of my hair has been untouched by dye/bleach. I recently cut my hair into a short bob do to get rid of all the damaged split ends I had and it looks healthier :) However, I still want to go blonde I just don't want to use any more bleach than what's been used on my highlights. Anyway, my question is, what are your suggestions about going blonde? I know it's possible without bleach, so do you know of any good brands I can buy to go blonde...or would a hairdresser be able to make my hair blond without any bleach (how do I ask them, because my hairdresser said only with bleach, however I know it's not impossible!)...or what do you recommend for my hair? I also want to know how I touch up on my own roots when dying my hair blond...



This is my hair now:



http://www.myspace.com/barbara_medina



and this is the color that am looking for:



http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/b...



http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/b...



http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/b...



Hair color question?

You can absolutely do it with a high-lift tint. You must understand, however, that since your hair is dark and you obviously have a tremendous amount of melanin (I can tell by looking at your skin and eyes) that is is going to be very gold. The reason your stylist is telling that it can't be done without bleach is probably because she knows you, she knows your hair and she feels that it will be something that you're not truly happy with. Maybe you need to have a very heavy micro weave (Done with bleach....really...it's not that bad if done correctly! It can actually be done with a VERY low volume of developer and a high lift tint cannot.) so that you're moving in the direction that you want. Sometimes when we're moving in such a drastic direction from our natural level we need to give up a little, be patient and be very informed about our limitations and what can be expected with the final results. You must be aware, too of the maintenance involved.



Make sure that you have very open lines of communication with your stylist and please, whatever you do, don't try to do it yourself!



Good luck!



Hair color question?

dont !



blonds have more std"s !



go red.



Hair color question?

you can use colorsilk that is what i use all of the time. my whole family uses it actually. u can buy a box of root touch up at Walmart.



from fizgig93

No comments:

Post a Comment