Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hair Coloring Question For Knowledgeable Colorists ONLY!?

Okay. I was born with *dirty blonde* hair. I am now 45 and throughout my Iife (starting in my twenties) I have colored my hair platinum blond, red, and now unfortunately black. I KNOW that if I were to strip the color out of my hair, it would probably all break off. But I really want the hair I was born with back. (it's probably gray now anyway, so I'd go back little by little until I could reach the lightest shade possible. I have my hair cut in a bob and I feel this black color is making me look harsh. I am sorely tempted to just do a Britney and shave my head and see what happens. My hair grows like a weed. Please be kind and give me some professional advice. It seems as if movie stars change THEIR hair color ALL the time without any problems, so why can't I? Any suggestions are truly helpful. Thank you.



Hair Coloring Question For Knowledgeable Colorists ONLY!?

All those movie stars can change their color so frequently because they often use hair extensions and hairstylists who are at their beck-and-call 24/7. My advice to you is to go to a reputable salon in your area, and schedule an appointment with a senior stylist for "corrective color." The only way you'll be able to get the best advice is to have a pro physically inspect your hair up close to assess how damaged it is, whether color stripping is a viable option, or whether a color transition is the best, least damaging choice.



I've had similar issues in the past and some hairstylists wouldn't even touch my hair because it contained so much color, and they didn't want to be responsible for my hair completely breaking off or falling out in the process.



Hair Coloring Question For Knowledgeable Colorists ONLY!?

I would try color stripping anyways. There are "safe" color removers u can purchase from Sally's or other beauty supply which may or may not work quite as well ~ I've used them twice and I never did actually re-aquire my natural hair color but it did help tone down the deeper hues but they didn't damage my hair much either.

No comments:

Post a Comment